About the Kinjin Matsuri
A matsuri (祭り) is a traditional Japanese festival. As a celebration of the third lustrum of Kinjin, we organise the first Kinjin Matsuri to bring some aspects of Japanese culture to Eindhoven.
This schedule will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Kendo: Japanese sword fighting art.
- Jodo: Japanese stick fighting art.
- Iaido: Sword training with real Katana.
- Japone: Classical and modern Japanese music and dance, together with Japanese sword fighting, theatre and animation.
- Fandancing: Traditional Japanese dancing with fans
- Plamo: Building Japanese plastic models.
- Mahjong: Japanese Riichi Mahjong.
- Go: A classic Japanese game.
- Sushi workshop (10€): Professional Sushi workshop
- Saké tasting test (12.50€): Taste a variety of saké.
- DDR: Dance Dance Revolution, Japanese dancing video game.
- Manga Library:A library filled with all different kind of japanese comics better known as manga.
- TCG: Short for trading card games.
- Taiko: Japanese drumming performance.
- Market: Japanese Matsuri style market.
- Judo: Japanese self defense fighting style workshop.
- Jan Ken Pon: Japanese Rock-Paper-Scissors but with a twist.
Subscribing for our (paid) workshops can be done on the festival itself at our information desk, on a first come first serve basis.